BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 8 April 2011

Example Of My Editing Skills 3

This is an example of my editing skills with diegetic and non-diegetic sound. The line of pictures at the top is the actual images displaying on screen, the blocks below that are diegetic sound, and the blocks at the bottom are non-diegetic sound. Specifically, I sorted out a problem with the non-diegetic sound, this being that we wanted to use two different music soundtracks, which had a different tempo and timbre to them. I found an appropriate place in both pieces of music to cut them so that the change, whilst obvious that there was a change in music, sounded more natural than had done previously, and didn't have a gap between them, which would ruin the tension we were trying to create. I also timed the second piece of music to Amalia's facial expression changing, though this can't be seen from this shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment