BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 1 April 2011

Shot 2

Unlike the first shot I posted on here, this shot was originally in the storyboard, although, when actually at the location, I noticed that there was a large bush on the side of the path which Amalia runs down for this shot, I thought a good idea may be to move the camera so that it has the impression of someone jumping out from behind a bush in which they'd been hidden. The other members of my group agreed, as this shot was supposed to be a point of view shot from someone running after her, and this added to this effect. However, also unlike the first shot I posted, this shot took several takes, as I discovered that running after someone with a camera in your hand and keeping the camera steady enough to still see what's going on at the same time is very difficult. In the end, I decided to use small zooms to get closer to Amalia without having to run at the same speed as her, which allowed me to keep the camera steadier than previously. Although the shot is still pretty shaky, this was the effect we wanted, and you can still see Amalia clearly. We told her to run from the beginning of this path rather than just from where the shot begins, so that she's already in full flow when she passes the camera and it looks more natural. Obviously, when editing, we will cut the beginning and end of the shot, and, like the first shot, make it darker to seem like we filmed later than we actually did.

No comments:

Post a Comment