BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday 1 April 2011

Shot 1

This is one of the shots that I filmed myself, of which I am most impressed with. It took only one attempt to film, although it wasn't in our original storyboard. This is because we underestimated the length of the path we use for our location when designing our storyboard, and we didn't allow enough shots to cover the whole path (although we thought we had when we planned it.) However, I'm quite glad we came up with it because it works very well. Amalia (our actress) was told to run from just before where she'd ended in the previous shot, and I zoomed the camera on her to a long-shot (I stood quite far away from her, as you'll see in the clip). As she ran, I zoomed out to show the full length of the path, and Amalia ran just out of shot and then across the front of the camera, the effect of which I really liked, as it was almost like an invisible wipe. I'm very proud of the fact that I managed to create such an interesting shot to solve a last minute problem, and of how it turned out on the first cut. Even though it's daytime and quite sunny, getting a darker effect for our thriller genre won't be a problem, as before going out to film, we played around with our editing software with a couple of practice shots to see how dark we could make the background without making details unnoticeable. We're confident that we'll be able to make this shot, and our others, look darker using the editing software.

No comments:

Post a Comment